Alky for Applications is a plug-in for Window XP SP3 users to run Windows Vista applications such as the Windows Sidebar on their computers and leverage Windows Gadget technologies.
Alky for Applications is provided free of charge under the Creative Commons Public License. For details review the Alky for Applications End User License Agreement.
Alky for Applications Installer for Windows XP (3.5 Mb) - Download
Installation Instructions: (Detailed instructions found in the included PDF manual)
- Unzip the zip file Alky_1_1_Trunk_032308-000051_xp.zip
- Run alky_1.1_trunk_032308-000051_xp.msi
Reboot your computer
- Note - you may be prompted to enter a Windows Vista License Key - this is not required unless you plan to run certain Vista applications as described in the included PDF manual.
Windows Sidebar Installer (24 Mb) - Download
- Unzip the file downloaded above into a folder
- Right click on Sidebar.inf and select install
- Once the installation is complete, you MUST reboot your computer, regardless of whether you are prompted.
- The Windows Sidebar may not be launched from Program Files->Accessories->Windows Sidebar